This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts. Some units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
(Burmese, Kyainglori). — Small State in the eastern division of the Southern Shan States, Burma, lying geographically within the borders of Kehsi Mansam, but abutting in the south-east on Monghsu, It is situated between 21 degree 51' and 22 degree 2' N. and 98 degree 2' and 98 13' E., with an area of 43 square miles. Kenglon used at one time to form part of North Hsenwi. The country is undulating on the whole, and the land is fertile. The main crop is lowland rice ; and the people, who in 1 90 1 numbered 4,259 (practically all Shans), export a good deal of rice. The population was distributed in 69 villages, of which the largest is Kenglon, the residence of the Myoza (population, 341), west of a chain of low hills towards the north of the State. The revenue in 1903-4 amounted to Rs. 4,000, and the tribute to the British Government is Rs. 1,500.