Kawkareik Subdivision, 1908
This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts. Some units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Subdivision consisting of the eastern half of Amherst District, Lower Burma, with head-quarters at Kaw- kareik. It contains two townships, Kawkareik and Kyaikmaraw.