This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts. Some units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Subdivision and tahs'il of Loralai District, Baluchistan, lying between 30° 18' and 30° 48' N. and 67° 42' and 69° 45' E., with an area of 2,072 square miles and a population (1901) of 18,174, an increase of 6,396 since 1891. The head-quarters are at Loralai town (population, 3,561). The villages number 128. The land revenue amounted in 1903-4 to Rs. 61,000. Bori consists of a long valley, forming the catchment area of two branches of the Anambar river. It has rich soil and is well cultivated, and fine orchards are to be seen in some of the villages. The majority of the people are agriculturists. Among the Sargara Kakars of Dirgi a curious custom exists of allotting a share of land to every married woman at periodical distributions.