This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts. Some units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Small cantonment in Hazara District, North-West Frontier Province, situated in 34 io' N. and 73 30' E., on the road between Abbottabad and Murree, 15 miles from Abbottabad and 25 from Murree. During the summer months it is occupied by one of the British mountain batteries which are stationed at Rawalpindi in the winter.