Bansagar canal project
This is a collection of articles archived for the excellence of their content.
the Bansagar project had been first conceptualized about four decades ago, and the Foundation Stone was laid in 1978, but the project was unduly delayed. After 2014, this project was made a part of the Pradhan MantriKrishiSinchaiYojana, and all efforts were made to complete it.
This project will provide a big boost to irrigation in the region, and will be greatly beneficial for the farmers of Mirzapur and Allahabad districts of Uttar Pradesh.
5 things to know
- Bansagar Dam project is a joint venture between Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
- The total canal network under it is 171 kms long.
- Canals under this project will bring waters from Shahdol district in Madhya Pradesh for Adwa Barrage, Meza Dam and Jirgo reservoir.
- The project aims to provide a big boost to irrigation in the region. It promises to be greatly beneficial for the farmers of Mirzapur and Allahabad districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- As per the projections, the project will benefit 1 lakh 70 thousand farmers of Mirzapur and Allahabad districts.