This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts.Many units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Village in Khulna District, Bengal, situated in 22° 59' N. and 89 degree 39' E., at the junction of the Atharabanki and Bhairab rivers. Population (1901), 1,190. It has some local trade, and pottery is largely manufactured.