Pyuntaza

From Indpaedia
Revision as of 10:25, 28 May 2014 by Parvez Dewan (Pdewan) (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Hindi English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish

This article has been extracted from

THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.

OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.

Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts. Some units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.

Pyuntaza

Township in Pegu District, Lower Burma, lying be- tween 17 37' and 1 8 2$' N. and 96 o' and 96 53' E., with an area of 1,443 square miles. The population, which numbered 23,132 in 1891, had risen in 1901 to 52,952, thus moie than doubling itself during the decade. The western tracts are hilly and, in spite of the populous nature of the flat eastern half, the average density in 1901 was only 37 persons per square mile. The head-quarters are at Pyuntaza, a village of 1,273 inhabitants (1901), on the railway which passes across the centre of the low-lying area. The total number of villages is 232. The area cultivated in 1903-4 was 170 square miles, paying Rs. 2,58,600 land revenue

Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox
Translate