This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts. Some units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Southern subdivision of the Chin Hills, Burma, bounded on the north by the Falam subdivision and on the south by unadministered Chin tracts. The population is composed mostly of Lais (Hakas, Klangklangs, Yokwas, &c.), and in 1901 numbered 33,896, distributed in 153 villages. Haka, with 292 houses, is the most important village in the subdivision.