This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts. Some units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Town in the Sehwan taluka of Larkana District, Sind, Bombay, situated in 26° 27' N. and 67° 46' E., 3 miles from a station on the North-Western Railway. Population (1901), 3,300. The town was constituted a municipality in 1854 and had an average income of Rs. 5,000 during the decade ending 1901. In 1903-4 the income was Rs. 6,000. Carpets of good quality are manufactured. The town contains a central warehouse for l>haug, which is grown under licence in the neighbourhood. Owing to floods caused by the overflow of the Manchhar Lake, some of the zamtndars have been of late years con- siderably impoverished. The public health is also affected by the same cause. In 1869 Bubak suffered severely from cholera. The town contains an English school and one vernacular school, attended respectively by 15 and 72 ]:)upils.