This article has been extracted from
THE IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF INDIA , 1908.
OXFORD, AT THE CLARENDON PRESS.
Note: National, provincial and district boundaries have changed considerably since 1908. Typically, old states, ‘divisions’ and districts have been broken into smaller units, units, and many tahsils upgraded to districts.Many units have since been renamed. Therefore, this article is being posted mainly for its historical value.
Town in the District and tahsil of Jullundur, Punjab, situated in 31 degree 26' N. and 75 degree 40' E. Population (1901), 4,423 The chief trade is in susu and gabrun cloth, and in agricultural produce. The municipality was created in 1867. The income during the ten years ending 1902-3 averaged Rs. 2,300, and the expenditure Rs. 2,400. In 1903-4 the income was Rs. 2,200, chiefly from octroi; and the expenditure was Rs. 2,200. The municipality maintain- a vernacular middle school.